Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Workforce Mgmt Workload/Staffing Indus. Engineering Intern DLR FallApply Now Job ID 434522BR Location Anaheim, California, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts Job Posting Area Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 03/20/2017
Workforce Management is an internal team that provides tools, systems, processes, and knowledge to optimize our workforce in an evolving and dynamic environment. We support our fellow labor, operations, and business partners using a cooperative spirit, ensuring the development and success of our fellow team members. The Workload and Staffing teams, specifically, are responsible for analyzing data and operational processes to build models that generate anything from robust daily workloads to long-term headcount plans.
Our program is designed to develop you professionally and increase your practical knowledge of the many operating areas within the Company. You will have a wide range of opportunities to provide analytic and consulting support to various lines of business including Merchandise, Attractions, and Entertainment. You will also have the opportunity to network and learn from other Industrial Engineers.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Conducting Industrial Engineering analyses, particularly in operational planning support, workload planning and forecasting, Cast utilization, and productivity/process improvements
- Leveraging Industrial Engineering skill set to perform data collection, computer simulation, statistics, and process flow analysis projects
- Lead and participate in team efforts while working on projects which require interfacing with all levels of Cast and management
|What you bring to this role…|
- Prior related work experience, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on problem solving
- Proven knowledge and/or experience with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- Currently enrolled in a four-year Industrial Engineering or related program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution’s transcript.)
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all roles listed. In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are August to December 2017. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: For positions located in Anaheim, CA. Participants on this internship must provide their own housing.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
- Select document type of “Other”