Workroom ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10078526 Location Anaheim, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Feb. 08, 2024
Through innovative storytelling and collaboration, Disney Live Entertainment crafts, produces, and delivers remarkable and engaging entertainment experiences! From the intimate to the spectacular, our work can be seen at Disney theme parks, resort hotels, cruise ships, and other locations the world over. This diverse team – representing a wide variety of fields and talents from technical directors, writers and lighting designers to choreographers, cosmetologists, and music producers – brings magical worlds to life through technical expertise, performance excellence, incomparable ingenuity, unparalleled spectacle… and a dash of pixie dust!
The Workroom Manager leads all aspects of a diverse and dedicated cast of highly skilled artisans. This role leads the day-to-day operation of both people and process with an eye toward teamwork, collaboration and development.
- Facilitate the manufacturing and maintenance of costumes.
- Handle confidential information pertaining to employees and intellectual property
- Partner with multiple collaborators ensure product quality and designs are consistently maintained.
- Work with Costumers, Buyers, Designers, & vendors.
- Give input on estimates for manufacturing costumes.
- Forecast and order needed supplies, tools and notions.
- Responsible to ensure that cast issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that manufacturing is timely, on budget and of the utmost quality.
- 3+ years experience in leadership
- 5+ years experience in garment construction, alterations, and patterning techniques
- 5+ years experience leading garment/costume fittings
- Experience with performers in various stages of dress/undress
- Experience with sewing terms, fabric types, and garment notions.
- Experience leading workflow and project budgets.
- Experience communicating (both verbal and written) with a variety of partners at all levels
- Experience working in a team environment where collaboration is key
- Experience in planning, problem-solving, conflict resolution, influencing, and negotiating
- Experience with continuous improvement process
- Experience in the theater, film, apparel or manufacturing industry
- Ability to work around all types of fibers and furs
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of SAP Workplace system
- Knowledge of CAD Gerber/Lectra design software
- Knowledge of PLM software (Yunique)
- Experience working with a unionized cast.
- Fluent or conversational proficiency in Vietnamese or Spanish desired, but not required
- High school degree or equivalent is required
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in a Costuming, Textiles, or Apparel-related field
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The base salary for this position in California is $57,900 - $77,500. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.