Content Planning Manager, Disney+Apply NowApply Later Job ID 860419BR Location Athens, Attica, Greece Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
- Responsible for all aspects of planning the Disney+ service in Greece, ranging from identifying the optimum content direction for the service, through to the practical scheduling and surfacing of the content.
- Work collaboratively with the Disney+ content lead on delivering the best possible content mix and strategies with an eye on short, medium and long term development and growth. Be willing and able to react to market and consumer trends to ensure Disney+ is consistently ahead of the curve.
- Use Google Doc templates to create detailed featuring wireframes of European service updates on a short term and long term basis, encompassing Disney+ content drops, editorial events, key content initiatives and IP/character anniversaries
- Use Polaris, the bespoke Disney+ CMS, to program, publish and schedule regular service updates, including weekly service refreshes, new editorial collections, brand and IP updates and content priorities
- Role is required to liaise with the local Media Distribution team in order to gain a clear understanding for when key movie and series titles will be available to launch on the service. As such - a strong understanding of content windowing is required, either in relation to 3rd parties or theatrical and home entertainment.
- To ensure the Disney+ service is “best in class” in the Greek market, the role is responsible for tracking content and product trends across comparable SVOD services both locally and internationally. Knowledge to be used to enhance the planning of the service, whilst also being shared across the entire Disney+ team to ensure the whole business benefits.
- Ensure that all translation and localisation work is accurate and work closely with EMEA and Global Disney+ merchandising teams to ensure tone of voice remains consistent.
- Role requires the use of the Looker system to pull out performance data, curate the data into strategic lessons and share across the Disney+ team. Ensure these learnings are tracked.
- As required, feed into analysis of future content development and acquisition strategies to ensure the investment that is being made in content provides the best return on investment for the Greek market.
- Work closely with schedulers both local and global and share viewing trends and consumption data with wider team.
- Several years of experience working within a TV broadcast or SVOD environment.
- Experience of working with content windowing.
- Experience of using performance data to develop content strategies.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of the core Disney & Fox brands featured within the service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Greek and English.
- Ability to build rapport with diverse teams across multiple territories.
- Experience of working within a Content Management System required.
- Experience of working within Excel / Google sheets required.
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations via PowerPoint.
- Ability to embrace the understanding of new technologies that the role will be required to feed into.
- Ability to balance broad strategic thinking with the need to focus on intricate detail.
- A detailed knowledge of the SVOD market and close competitors.
- Strong levels of organisation.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and developing business demands.
- Effective communicator.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Problem solver.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Greece, Single Partner EPE, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.