Human Resources GeneralistApply NowApply Later Job ID 788153BR Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
The Human Resources Generalist collaborates with HR and production leaders to achieve the objectives of The Walt Disney Studios. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong business acumen, human resources and consulting skills. A strong collaborator, this role will work closely with HR and functional partners to deliver solutions for our global productions. The Generalist will also partner to act as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and production internship opportunities.
- Work with HR, crew and leaders to create a place where crew want to work and can be successful as their authentic selves
- Partner with the HRBP community and leadership to drive strategic initiatives of crew engagement at The Walt Disney Studios
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate working knowledge of the business and take a consultative approach with clients, anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and engage with Employee Relations as needed
- Partner with HR and Leaders to implement and monitor the success of key Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives including production internships and apprenticeships.
- Analyze data and present in a compelling way that influences audience to take action on recommendations
- Works closely with HR Leaders, department leaders and crew to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partner with Learning Development team to co-facilitate key learning opportunities, as needed.
- Assists with employee communications (both through design and providing input), as required.
- Cultivate a strong client-oriented service rapport with internal partners, that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion.
- Participate in special projects at the HRBP team and client level.
- Three (2) + years’ experience as a HR Generalist, or or combination of HRBP and program management experience.
- Ability to collect and synthesize data from multiple perspectives to assess business situations and recommend effective HR solutions that support business goals
- Experience aligning HR projects and work plans to overall HR strategies and business objectives to build commitment/action to drive org improvement and change
- Ability to position self as a credible, proactive, and trusted thought partner through building relationships and delivering results
- Ability to create compelling stories leveraging workforce analytics and insights in order to focus leaders on relevant business issues and developing solutions
- Basic knowledge of employment and labor law
- Strong organizational, motivational, communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience directly supporting clients in an HRBP capacity
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Experience and exposure to a variety of HR facets including, employee relations, talent acquisition, and learning & development
- Project management experience
- Experience managing intern programs with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment
- Experience with a Union environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.