Supervisor, Health and Safety Productions East CoastApply NowApply Later Job ID 948495BR Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States / Boston, Massachusetts, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Safety and Health Supervisor will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set working in conjunction with the Manager, Health & Safety, UPM and other department heads. The individual will report to the Manager, Health & Safety.
- Conducting training sessions for all cast and crew for Production Restart Training
- Assisting with rostering and management of COVID testing of all cast/crew
- Communication plan including safety briefings onset, hotspot information, health updates, memos
- Assist Manager Health & Safety and Disney ER with positive COVID cases of all cast/crew
- Establishing plans to distribute protective equipment throughout the production
- Work closely with the Manager, Safety & Health to research new trends, technology, and best practices in production health and wellness
- Post and maintain approved signage and awareness campaigns.
- Implement plans for cleaning/sanitation schedules for all production sites
- Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
- Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting
- Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
- Establish an on-set network of crew members to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
- Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
- Review prep and shooting schedules to ensure required social distancing procedures (pods, teams, etc.) are in place
- Work closely with Set Medic
- Work with departments on social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
- Scheduling and tracking of on-site testing for crew with vendor
- Experience working on set with feature or television production
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Ability to escalate issues to the Manager, Safety & Health
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence and maintain policy/protocol with crew.
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
- Highly creative and driven to problem solve
- Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
- Basic knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Desire to continue development of technical skills and industry knowledge.
Additional Information:Position can be located in Boston, New Orleans or Atlanta
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.