Graphics Operator IIIApply NowApply Later Job ID 943495BR Location Austin, Texas, United States Business ESPN Date posted Mar. 13, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Operates ESPN developed playout applications for live Studio and Event productions
- Works independently on Studio and Event assignments
- Works independently on ESPN Creative Studio initiatives
- Enforces studio and event formats of ESPN’s networks and its promo look
- Ensures the accuracy and timely preparation of graphics assigned to productions
- Able to effectively communicate across the organization to report technical problems. Must also be able to clearly articulate source of problems in defective equipment reports.
- Required to work flexible hours and days as production assignments dictate including weekends, nights and holidays
- Maintain administrative records including shift assignment reports and other required documentation
- Upholds production assist responsibilities when necessary
- Trains/mentors new hires on various Studio/Event productions
- Fulfill Show Lead responsibilities on multiple productions, including thorough graphics documentation, workflow
- efficiencies, communication with peers
- Proven ability to streamline workflow efficiencies, increase departmental versatility and overall staff development
- Strong knowledge of ESPN Creative Studio infrastructure and business model
- Required Photoshop skills contributing to image prep/management and promotional elements for LHN productions
- Works on special assignments such as covering productions using the Trio interface with complete understanding of setup & execution of the graphics package
- Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects
- Able to perform at an intermediate level with functions of Windows-based playout applications
- Photoshop skills to assist Production Design group with image preparation
- Three or more years of on-air graphics systems playout experience in a major market or at the network level
- Basic Viz-rt artist and AE knowledge or ability to learn
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is necessary
- Thorough sports knowledge is preferred
- Candidates must be highly motivated, willing to work unusual hours and must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure to meet ever-changing deadlines
- Must be accurate spellers and possess strong communication skills
- Basic understanding of mentoring and coaching practices
- Must have reliable transportation to the Austin office & reliable internet connection for at-home workflows
- Demonstrates versatility on all Austin shows & events
- Proficient use of ESPN IMS (Image Management System) for cataloging logos/headshots and custom graphics and Sales elements
- Proficient understanding ESPN production terminology and control room etiquette and overall professionalism
- Proficient understanding of the various graphic packages and operational procedures
- Strong understanding of Production Design workflows and applications
- Advanced knowledge level of troubleshooting graphic systems to include VCS, & Trio
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.