Assistant Manager Island Maintenance - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 774403BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
- Supervises, assigns, dispatches, coordinates and supervises crews and/or contractors in completion of maintenance work for the assigned maintenance team
- Manage the daily maintenance and upkeep of all island facilities, equipment and systems
- Meet with partners in areas such as Island Services, recreation, operations and landscape to understand their needs and provide them with excellent service
- Supervises subordinate employees including first level coaching, counseling, training and performance evaluations including understudy development
- Responsible for the reporting and record keeping of all maintenance activities and provisioning through the AMOS system
- Promote a safe work environment with procedures and programs relating to lock out/tag out, fall prevention, confined spaces, hazardous materials, etc.; Reinforces a safety culture and continually seeks to expand safety knowledge through training, mentoring, self-study or other methods of continuous learning
- Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures; Investigates, documents and reports safety issues;
- Maintain and improve preparedness for extreme weather
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with full or subordinate responsibility for the technical management of a major facility or ship; Diploma or certificate supporting training in one or more maintenance trade or discipline
- Thorough knowledge of relevant safety regulations
- Knowledge of computers to include computerized maintenance management system
- Knowledge of purchasing methods, procedures and policy
- Knowledge of automated purchasing/inventory management system
- Working skills of the methods, equipment and supplies used in repair and maintenance of commercial facilities, residential housing, and/or grounds
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of small crews of laborers/contractors
- Ability to coach, counsel, train and evaluate employee performance to include safety policies, procedures and practices
- Ability to maintain effective relationship with customers, employees and supervisors
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.