Assistant Manager Island Recreation - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 1057152BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 22, 2022
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do and hold integrity to the highest degree. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
This role is based on Disney's private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
As Assistant Manager Island Recreation, you will oversee the daily operations, maintenance and repairs of all equipment and also provide performance management and guidance to direct reports.
You will report to Island Recreation Manager
- Lead direct reports for assigned team with responsibilities for the daily operations and maintenance of all equipment and repairs; provide recreation equipment plan for maintenance, upkeep, and show readiness; determine rotation of all recreation equipment and inventory
- Follow internal controls procedures and operate according to the Operating Guidelines for Recreation area; responsible for reviewing paperwork for accuracy, identifying gaps and formulating corresponding recommendations to leadership
- Under the direction of the Recreation Service Excellence Trainer, assist with all safety-related training, understudy development, in-service rescue/first-aid training; lead lifeguard training and other recreation-specific training
- Verify required checklists, ensuring daily operational tasks and execution of safety requirements are complete and signed
- Comply with the safety competencies, and all company procedures
- This role may be part of the hurricane ride-out plan, which will remain on Castaway Cay during a hurricane to make pre-storm preparations and perform post storm assessment, recovery and cleanup tasks, as directed by DCL
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- Pass a pre-hire swim test and complete lifeguard certification training and Aquatic Rescue Professional certification (conducted upon arrival on island), including swimming 200 yards with the first 100 yards in one minute and 50 seconds or less; tread water for two minutes without the use of hands, retrieving a ten-pound brick from eight feet of water; certification requirements must also be maintained throughout contract
- Complete and maintain the lifeguard instructor training course
- Strong swimming ability; ability to maintain high level of fitness throughout each contract
- Knowledge of the lifeguard industry and certification standards
- Minimum three years recent work experience in a lifeguard capacity, in a beach resort facility, Of the three years experience, two years recent work experience must be in a leadership position, coordinating or training lifeguards
- Experience conducting in-service training or audits
- Can observe all sections of an assigned zone or the zone of responsibility
- Pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected
- Detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds
- Experience with boats, snorkel equipment, or other recreational equipment
- Open water diver and diving rescue certification
Additional Information!:This role is based on Disney's private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be receptive to island life – living and working on a remote island
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the Island Safety Plan
- Be willing to be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.