Assistant Storekeeper - Island Maintenance - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 774399BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted May 31, 2021
Responsibilities:The Assistant Island Maintenance Storekeeper assists with the procurement, receiving, storing and maintenance all incoming supplies, spare parts and equipment, supporting Technical or Island Services maintenance as assigned.
- Under direction from the Island Storekeeper, perform inventory control duties as assigned
- Perform cleaning, maintenance, and repairs of hand and power tools and small equipment kept in the Island storage facilities
- Maintain cleanliness and order of store room
- Signing in and out, and keeping track of all tools, parts and materials used by Island Crew members
- Knowledgeable with tools and able to assist Crew from all departments to select the correct tools and supplies for their jobs
- Promote a safe work environment; Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a maintenance storekeeper or related; Diploma or certificate in computer training or Amos D preferred; Experience can be substituted with technical/vocational training in general maintenance storekeeping and repair or other relevant experience for understudy development
- Knowledge of technical parts and tools, including electrical, mechanical and plumbing tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of general workshop fitting and machining
- Knowledge of computers and related systems for the purpose of inventory control, procurement and purchasing
- Ability to track, forecast and maintain maintenance supply needs
Additional Information:This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Disney Cruise Line is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.