Beach Lifeguard - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 902651BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Oct. 27, 2022
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do and hold integrity to the highest degree. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
This role is based on Disney's private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
As a Beach Lifeguard, you will guard at multiple stations around Castaway Cay, 300 feet apart on beaches and the boat lagoon. You will also assist with guest rentals and the cleaning of recreation equipment (bicycles, snorkel gear, boats and floats).
You will report to: Island Recreation Manager
Provide aquatic rescue and recreation assistance on Castaway Cay
Responsible for life guarding of family lagoon on Castaway Cay at multiple stations (300 feet between stands), water slides and play structures surrounded by water
Oversee boat beach lagoon to ensure safe usage of rental boats; assist boaters in distress
Rental of recreational equipment including bikes, float mats, tubes, snorkel equipment, and boats
Provide instruction to Guests in the operation of rental boats and the use of snorkel equipment
Manage beach set-up and breakdown including general beach cleanup, organization, set up and collection of all rental equipment
Help with general maintenance, cleanliness, sanitation, and operational readiness of rental equipment including bikes, boats, karts , strollers, and snorkel equipment; Report defects for repair
Perform underwater cleaning and maintenance of all lagoon and pier facilities including perimeter net, family beach lagoon, buoy lines, and underwater props
Potentially work with heavy equipment such as tractors, forklifts
- Legally authorized to work in The Bahamas
- Minimum six months of recent lifeguarding experience
- Ability to pass a pre-hire swim test and successfully complete lifeguard certification training, as well as Aquatic Rescue Professional certification (conducted upon arrival on island), including swimming 200 yards with the first 100 yards in one minute and 50 seconds or less; tread water for two minutes without the use of hands, retrieve a ten-pound brick from eight feet of water, certification requirements must also be maintained throughout contract.
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected.
- High level of fitness including strong swimming abilities
- Recent competitive swim team and/or work-related water sports experience (paddle boarding, surfing, rescue/open-water diving, snorkeling, free diving, water polo, underwater hockey, etc.)
- Previous experience with boats, snorkel equipment, or other recreational equipment
- Open water diver and diving rescue certification
This role is based on Disney’s private island in The Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and obtain necessary visas, if applicable (DCL will provide you with documents for this)
- Have authorization to work in the Bahamas
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.