Custodial Host/Hostess - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 770948BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Sep. 05, 2021
- Responsible for cleanliness of the backstage areas, including Crew restrooms and scheduled cleaning of Crew cabins
- Assist with Guest towel collection for ship on call days
- Work in all Custodial areas based on need of operation
- Pressure wash and blowing of Guest and Crew areas walkways
- Garbage collection and separation for recycling and/or burning
- Operator incinerator, as needed for garbage collection and separation
- Clean island vehicles, as needed (tractors, fork lifts, pargos, gators, etc.)
- Work with and use various chemicals and cleaners (such as virox and other types of cleaning related chemicals)
- Work as crew cabin cleaners in the Crew accommodation areas
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- Strong eye for detail
- Flexible in scheduling (day or evening shifts)
- Physically fit, with endurance to lift or bend
- Previous cleaning experience of some level, recommended
Additional Information:This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.