Already applied?View Dashboard
Human Resources Manager - Castaway CayApply Now Apply Later Job ID 514200BR Location , Bahamas Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Cruise Line Date posted 12/20/2017
In addition to overseeing and leading an on-island team, you will perform HR generalist tasks; including coordination of employee policies, performance management, compensation and benefits, and other general HR services. Leverage your strategic partnership skills to build solid relationships with shipboard and shore side peers and leaders, as well as with the Castaway Cay team. As a leader, you will serve as a trusted advisor to our crew. You will also play an integral role within Disney Cruise Line, as you consistently and effectively deliver training and guidance, in accordance with our company policies and procedures.
ResponsibilitiesYour proven leadership, extraordinary interpersonal and presentation skills will be critical, as you start your new adventure. You will also support the island recruitment process; including interview logistics, the crew referral program and the auditing of new hire files, to ensure compliance. Showcase your HR expertise invariably and fairly as the employee relations liaison, and as a proud member of the DCL team. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, sense of empathy, and passion for your work are essential in this role. Additionally, a courageous spirit, powerful presence and a strong voice will be crucial in this position, as well.
- 2+ years of experience working within a Human Resources role directly tied to facilitation, compliance, HR Services
- 5 years in a leadership and/or Operations role
- Working knowledge of and proven experience of employee relations and/or performance management concepts and practices
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, shipboard environment with limited contact with friends and family on shore
- Previous HR experience working in hospitality and/or entertainment a plus
- Previous experience within the cruise industry and/or Disney experience a plus
- Experience with recruitment of hourly employees
Company OverviewDisney Cruise Line has established itself as a globally recognized leader in entertainment and hospitality. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow, personally and professionally. Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to flourish, while working for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
Additional Information: This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
Contract length is 13 weeks onboard/6 weeks off. Benefits offered year-round, on contract and off contract, as long as a return contract is signed, including: Group Medical Coverage; Short & Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance; Retirement Savings Plan option (90-day wait to participate, 1 year wait for company match)
- Have a valid passport and C1/D Seaman's visa (DCL will provide you with documents to obtain this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.