Island Data Maintenance - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 870408BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Job SummaryEvery day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do and hold integrity to the highest degree. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
This role is based on Disney's private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
As an Island Data Maintenance crew member you will oversee the efficient product management, organization, and presentation of the island merchandise locations, including inventory levels, product pricing, sales floor presentation levels, and communication of product issues. The main focus of the Data Maintenance role is to ensure the merchandise on-hand quantities are always correct, shops are show ready and provide any assistance to the Merchandise team (including stocking, and operating the point of sale).
You will report to Island Operations and Payroll Manager
Your Responsibilities – How You Will Make a Difference
- Weekly stock counts, verification of discrepancies and authorizing the quantities
- Annual inventory preparations for all locations, including product organization, inventory maps and discrepancy research
- Daily verification of price changes and promotions, while ensuring correct item ticketing.
- Receive, unpack, and stock all merchandise deliveries, ensuring proper recording and verification of inventory received while ensuring that all point of sales systems have been updated
- Assist shipboard teams in receiving orders, restocking the floor, cleaning/sanitizing, and guest assistance throughout the day while the shops are in operation, delivering on Disney standards of guest service at all times.
- Order appropriate supplies for the locations and partner with shipboard and shoreside teams where necessary.
- Minimum two years recent experience in retail or sales with experience and knowledge of managing inventory and cashless sales systems
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for the Disney product, characters and storytelling
- Strong understanding of sales in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate a passion and strong, ongoing focus towards exceeding Guest satisfaction and sales goals in order to exceed incentive targets which impacts the individual, team and overall
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Computer proficient
Additional InformationThis role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Have valid work authorization for The Bahamas
- Be receptive to island life – living and working on a remote island
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the Island Safety Plan
- Be willing to be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.