Island General Maintenance - CarpentryApply NowApply Later Job ID 783982BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Apr. 27, 2021
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
Responsibilities:Perform general preventive and corrective maintenance procedures, as well as, responding to various guest or operational repair needs, with specific focus on assigned discipline. Operate a variety of equipment and machinery including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work.
Perform carpentry repairs and fabrication in all areas: woodwork, laminates, furniture, facilities.
- Maintains and executes work orders and estimates time and materials
- Performs a variety of skilled finish and rough carpentry tasks; and performs related work as required
- Perform carpentry repairs and fabrication in all areas: woodwork, laminates, furniture and facilities
- Maintain and repair upholstery work and carry out sewing repairs
- Constructs and installs wall partitions, door openings, system furniture, suspended ceilings, etc
- Repair and maintain roofs, walls, floors, ceilings, steps, sidewalks, thresholds, handrails, counter tops, furniture, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on interior and exterior overhead doors, fire doors, roofs, roof drains, gutters and downspouts
- Promote a safe work environment; Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures
- May provide lateral service to other departments
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in the areas of general maintenance / repair preferred; Experience can be substituted with technical/vocational training in general maintenance and repair or other relevant experience for understudy development
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, and materials common to general maintenance carpentry
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance carpentry
- Working skill of using tools of the trade including saws, drill presses, woodworking machines and various hand and power tools
- Ability to estimate time and materials needs
- This is a field service position that may include work from ladders, elevated platforms as well as working in confined spaces
Additional Information:This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.