Island General Maintenance - WelderApply Now Apply Later Job ID 1173953BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 04, 2024
This role is based on Disney's private island in the Bahamas.
As General Maintenance – Welder, you will perform general preventive and corrective maintenance procedures, as well as, responding to guest or operational repair needs, with focus on assigned discipline. You will operate a variety of equipment and machinery including saws, drill presses and hand/power tools to perform repair and maintenance work. You will also perform welding, torch cutting, and basic welding functions for all island facilities.
You will report to the Assistant Manager – Island General Maintenance
Your Responsibilities – How You Will Make a Difference
- Read work orders and estimate time and materials
- Use acetylene, electric and inert gas shielded welding processes
- Work with steel, aluminum, brass and cast iron and perform soldering
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on a variety of specialty equipment large machinery, vehicles and facilities
- Repair and replace equipment parts such as fuel lines, radiators, belts, hydraulic hoses and electrical wiring
- Promote a safe work environment; Comply with the safety competencies and all company policies
Basic Qualifications – What You Will Bring to the Team
- 3 or more years of experience in the areas of general maintenance and welding; Experience can be substituted with technical/vocational training in general maintenance painting and repair or other relevant experience for understudy development
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, and materials common to general maintenance welding
- In-depth knowledge of chemicals and their associated hazards, personal protective equipment required, safety precautions and emergency treatment
- Experience using trade tools, including acetylene and electrical welding equipment
Additional InformationYou must:
- Have valid work authorization for The Bahamas
- Be receptive to island life – living and working on a remote island
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the Island Safety Plan
- Be willing to be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week upon arriving on the island and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.