Island Horticulture/Guest Transportation Manager - BahamasApply Now Apply Later Job ID 1156887BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 04, 2024
- Manage day-to-day horticulture, Pest Management, Transportation, and Crowd Control teams and logistics for operations at Castaway Cay; including all phases of horticulture and structural pest control, and turf pest management.
- Responsible for creating the daily works schedules and assigning work duties.
- Manage and maintain personnel files, performance reviews and discipline.
- Partner with HR Manager for staffing and local recruitment.
- Able to share experience and teach different treatment techniques, including crank and crevice work, baiting, and ULV spraying
- Manage landscaping and horticulture maintenance work
- Keep up with the latest Landscaping and Horticulture technologies.
- Ability to use and train in the use of typical tools and equipment used in Landscaping and Horticulture maintenance activities.
- Schedule, update, and audit OJT and LOGS
- Familiar with the relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards for horticulture, landscaping, pest control, and transportation areas
- Monitor and evaluate tram routes, crowd control, load factors, delays and impact on the Guest experience. Interact and monitor Guest experience with crowd control and tram service. Assist with trouble-shooting issues with transportation and Guests.
- Meet regularly with partners to review operating processes and implement adjustments as appropriate.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment with competing priorities – should have strong multi-tasking abilities
- The manager will need to demonstrated strong business planning skills. Plan and maintain the annual operating plan and process, share knowledge of industry trends, and practical business application. Maintenance of financial budget and daily labor costs.
- Manage communications effectively with team and partners within the Disney Cruise Line ship and shore side.
- Background in landscaping and pest control management
- Minimum 2 years manager experience in landscaping, gardening or pest management
- Formal education in horticulture
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, follow-through skills with high attention to details
- Able to be self-directed and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills consistent
- Proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities holding self and others accountable
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and follow-through skills, with strong attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to strong negotiation, influencing, problem solving, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to use Microsoft Office products and comfortable operating systems in a Windows-based environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Desire to work in integrated pest management situation and an understanding of biological controls
- Working knowledge of tree maintenance (Arboriculture) and automatic irrigation systems
- Knowledge of irrigation drawings and schematics
- Experience in operation of mechanical equipment including- tractors, backhoe and front end loader
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.