Already applied?View Dashboard
Island Maintenance ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 620621BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Oct. 07, 2019
This role is based on Disney's private, Castaway Cay.
- Manage the daily maintenance and upkeep of all island facilities, equipment and systems
- Support ongoing training and development for the technical staff to ensure safe and efficient maintenance practices are followed
- Lead the environmental protection efforts on the island to ensure adequate environmental controls and procedures are in place and adhered to by the island team
- Cover responsibilities of Island Senior Maintenance Manager when individual is on break
- Responsible for the reporting and record keeping of all maintenance activities and provisioning through the AMOS-S system
- Provide ongoing work reports to Island Senior Maintenance Manager and/or Director-Island Operations focused on maintenance needs, environmental focus, staffing, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of annual operating, planned work and maintenance budgeting, and effectively manage to those targeted business goals
- Execute additional job responsibilities, as assigned by DCL leadership, based on operational need
- Comply with all company set policies and procedures
- In partnership with the Island Senior Maintenance Manager, inspire a team of approximately 25-30 crew members to give their very best, every day
- Collaborate with partners in areas such as Island Services, Recreation, Landscaping and/or shore side Operations to understand needs and provide excellent service
- Work with outside vendors to obtain and review proposals that will expand beyond what Island Maintenance will be responsible for; manage vendor output
- Promote a safe work environment with procedures and programs relating to lock out/tag out, fall prevention, confined spaces, hazardous materials, etc.
- Minimum five years recent experience as a technical engineer with full or subordinate responsibility for the technical management of a major facility or ship
- Proven experience with diesel-powered electrical generation and waste-water treatment plant
- Organized, systematic approach to problem-solving
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and in person, with people on all levels of the organization
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Willingness to live on an island with approximately 160 other crew members
- Willingness to commit to an island contract
- Be able to adhere to Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Enjoy working in a guest-service oriented environment
- Be flexible with your work schedule and job duties
- Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
Additional Information:Additional Information:
- Be genuinely interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under your control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and obtain necessary visas (DCL will provide you with documents for this)
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Complete work permit application requirements where applicable
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.