Island Maintenance Storekeeper - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 774401BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 13, 2021
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
This role is based on Disney's private island, Castaway Cay.
Responsibilities:The Island Maintenance Storekeeper leads the procurement, receiving, storing and maintenance all incoming supplies, spare parts and equipment, supporting Technical and Island Services maintenance.
- Responsible for the oversight and execution of all inventory control facilities and activities for Island Maintenance
- Receiving of all maintenance related parts inventory, work order related materials, contractor service reports and accounting for correct values
- Investigate and follow-up on shipping variances and invoice discrepancies with suppliers
- Reinforces a safety culture and continually seeks to expand safety knowledge through training, mentoring, self-study or other methods of continuous learning
- Oversee the proper cleaning, maintenance, and repairs of hand and power tools and small equipment kept in the Island storage facilities.
- Oversee the tracking and procurement of all tools, parts and materials used by Island Crew members and investigates and/or follows up on any discrepancies; monitor variance reports
- Promote a safe work environment; Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
- 3 to 4 years of experience as a maintenance storekeeper or related; Diploma or certificate in computer training or Amos D preferred
- Knowledge of technical parts and tools, including electrical, mechanical, plumbing and related equipment
- Knowledge of computers and related systems for the purpose of inventory control, procurement and purchasing
- Knowledge of general workshop fitting and machinery
- Ability to track, forecast and maintain maintenance supply needs on a large scale
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
Additional Information:This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.