Island Maintenance Storekeeper - BahamasApply NowApply Later Job ID 1075336BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Jul. 23, 2023
Responsibilities:The Island Maintenance Storekeeper leads the procurement, receiving, storing and maintenance all incoming supplies, spare parts and equipment, supporting Technical and Island Services maintenance.
- Responsible for the oversight and execution of technical inventory control, including storage and accountability activities in support of Island Maintenance. This includes access control, cleanliness and good order of store rooms and warehouses in accordance with Company Safety, Security and Efficiency requirements.
- Conducts regular/cyclic stock inventory checks to confirm AMOS records are consistent with the actual stock count held.
- Receives and files Purchase Orders within AMOS, submitting loading reports to Castaway and Shore side technical teams after every loading serial, inspecting all deliveries for any abnormality, damage or pest infestation submitting findings to the Island Environmental Officer.
- Assists Managers with equipment and spares ordering processes in support of their key role, maintaining correct Max-Min stock levels as per requirements.
- Responsible for Inward receiving and dispatch of all maintenance related spare parts inventory, work order related materials (gasses, paints, lubricants etc) and the correct archiving of Contractor Service Reports rendered on completion of their external assistance.
- Investigate and follow-up on shipping variances and invoice discrepancies with suppliers working closely with shore side Sourcing and Procurement and Expediting teams.
- Verifies chemicals, lubricants, gasses, paint and other hazardous materials related to Island Technical department in stock, being procured and received have shore approved SDS documents provided.
- Reinforces a safety culture and continually seeks to expand safety knowledge through training, mentoring, self-study or other methods of continuous learning
- Oversee the proper cleaning, maintenance, and repairs of hand and power tools and small equipment kept in the Island storage facilities.
- Oversee the tracking and procurement of all tools, parts and materials used by Island Crew members and investigates and/or follows up on any discrepancies; monitor variance reports
- Promote a safe work environment; Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- 3 to 4 years of experience as a maintenance storekeeper or related; Diploma or certificate in computer training or Amos D preferred
- Knowledge of technical parts and tools, including electrical, mechanical, plumbing and related equipment
- Knowledge of computers and related systems for the purpose of inventory control, procurement and purchasing
- Knowledge of general workshop fitting and machinery
- Ability to track, forecast and maintain maintenance supply needs on a large scale
Additional Information:This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.