Explore more roles by using our guided searches:SHIPBOARD » ISLAND » SHORESIDE »
Island Maintenance Technician - MechanicApply NowApply Later Job ID 1075339BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 20, 2023
Every day at Disney Cruise Line we take pride in bringing the magic of Disney to life. We find joy in creating cherished memories and form genuine connections with our guests. We hold each other to the highest degree and always act responsibly while ensuring the safety of fellow crew and guests. United by our Disney values, we work toward excellence in all we do and hold integrity to the highest degree. As a part of our team, you can live and work in a diverse and inclusive environment amidst a professional and supportive community. If you are ready to create unforgettable experiences and grow as a person and as a professional, apply today.
This role is based on Disney's private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
As Maintenance Technician – Mechanic, you will perform maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment. You will operate a variety of equipment and machinery including saws, drill presses and hand/power tools. You will also interpret blueprints, drawings, sketches and work orders to perform maintenance activities. You will need to troubleshoot and repair of mechanical assemblies, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
You will report to the Assistant Manager – Island General Maintenance
Your Responsibilities – How You Will Make a Difference
- Troubleshoot and provide maintenance in all phases of mechanical equipment on the island
- Install and maintain industrial, residential, and commercial mechanical equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment and systems
- Promote a safe work environment; Comply with the safety competencies, and all company policies
- This is a field service position that may include work from ladders, elevated platforms and working in confined spaces
- May provide lateral service to other departments
Basic Qualifications – What You Will Bring to the Team
- 3 or more years vehicle mechanic experience; Diploma or certificate supporting training as vehicle mechanic
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, and materials common to the mechanic trade
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the mechanic trade
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing mechanical systems including gear box rebuild, bearing replacement and setting bearing pre-load, mobile drive systems, and lubrication fundamentals
- Estimate time and material needs
Additional InformationYou must:
- Have valid work authorization for The Bahamas
- Be receptive to island life – living and working on a remote island
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency responsibilities and associated responsibilities as specified in the Island Safety Plan
- Be willing to be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- If applicable, be willing to share a confined cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multicultural environment that has strict rules and regulations
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.