Island Operations Assistant - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 770959BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted May 31, 2021
- Assist with island Immigration paperwork, as necessary
- Assist in ensuring required work permits are submitted, processed, and filed
- Assist island managers and/or shore side with any operational requests, when and where possible
- Assist Island Manager with island payroll and entering work hours into payroll system; follow up on necessary payroll adjustments
- Assist all managers in preparing, processing and sending all required Crew HR paperwork shore side - contracts, separation forms, travel, personnel action forms, benefit forms etc.
- Maintain an accurate filing system
- Answer incoming telephone calls and take appropriate action
- Sort island mail and distribute appropriately
- Take meeting minutes, as necessary
- Address and respond to incoming emails and faxes (internal and external) and take appropriate action
- Assist Island Manager with needs related to Vendor operation (Hair Braiders, Post Office, Parasailing operators, Taxi service, etc.)
- Organize and confirm local transportation between Sandy Point and Marsh Harbour for Crew members
- Assist all managers in assigning and monitoring Crew housing assignments
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Island Manager
- Maintain island office supply inventory; replenish supplies as needed
- Assist island managers in administration of Crew recognition programs
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to include working with diverse groups
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Computer experience/knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Power point, and Outlook (electronic mail)
- Facilitation skills
- High school or college degree
- Experience in an administrative work environment
Additional Information:This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Disney Cruise Line is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.