Island Pest Control Operator - BahamasApply NowApply Later Job ID 1075349BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Oct. 15, 2023
Responsibilities:The Pest Control Operator is responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all pest controls systems –mosquito magnets, sand fly targets, rodent boxes, ant traps, fly light traps, fly misters, and baiting requirement.
- Execute pre-call day pest control treatments –spot-check all buildings and Guest areas
- Monitor pest populations and determine needed actions
- Drive Guest tram on call days
- Train new Crew to drive Guest trams
- Treat island landscape and breaker wall, as necessary to maintain pest control
- Execute mosquito and sand fly control measures
- Fog island areas as needed
- Set, monitor and maintain baits for pests in Guest and Crew areas (indoors and out)
- Complete barrier spraying of all wooded areas
- Collect and package bug samples and send to Orlando for pest control analysis needs
- Foundation spraying for termites and insects
- Biocide Injection System (BIS) maintenance – bi-monthly
- Dead animals removal i.e. rats ,birds, crabs , lizards
- Complete service calls in Guest and Crew areas, when called upon
- Proactively suggest ways to improve the operation
- Keep work areas, tools and storerooms neat and organized
- Complete daily checklists
- Additional duties and tasks designated by leadership, when necessary
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- Formal training in pest control management
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in pest control operations
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to read and write
- Able to work independently
Additional Information:This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.