Island Safety & Security Officer - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 770965BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 17, 2021
|At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!|
Responsibilities:Maintain through exemplary leadership Disney Cruise Line® Castaway Cay Safety & Security operations to the highest standards. Develop the safety and security culture within the teams on the Island. Make recommendations to shore side management in respect to improving safety & security operations. Verify the safety & security operational procedures and company loss prevention philosophies are maintained.
Island Safety & Security Responsibilities
- Cooperate and assist the Island Director and managers of all departments as requested by the Island Director/ Director of Safety/ Director of Security
- Verifying security operational policies and procedures are compliant with the Port Facility Security Plan
- Verifying safety operational policies and procedures are compliant with the LOG’s
- Verifying that safety & security training requirements are met by ensuring that the required training is scheduled and maintain accurate documentation
- Verifying the integrity, functionality and readiness of the technical and operational safety systems are being maintained, utilizing the island department heads to assist within their areas
- Conduct DOS as required for all Ships using the Port Facility
- Schedule relevant security Patrol operations
- Ensure all safety & security equipment is in working order and in its correct location, utilizing the relevant department heads on island within their areas
- Liaise and cooperate with shore side law enforcement and security agencies
- Conducting safety &security investigations(both guest and crew) and preparation of relevant reports to be transmitted to the appropriate leadership
- Assists or Administers crew drug and alcohol policy
- Reporting all security and safety company policy violations to Island Director and Director of Security or Director of Safety.
- Ongoing review and assessments of security and safety operational policies and procedures, sending any findings along with any recommendations for improvements to the relevant executives ashore for awareness and support to closeout if unable to closeout immediately on island or make policy amendments
- Maintaining the quality and the quantity of work performed by subordinates through positive reinforcement and constructive feedback and provide written documentation of any noted deficiencies or achievements
- Scheduling monthly meeting with Human Resources Manager, Director of Safety and Director of Security to discuss matters relative to pending crew challenges, safety and security policy development
- Coordinating the inventory and maintenance of security and safety equipment
- Conduct an annual PFSP internal review with Island Director, reporting to Director of Security
- Monitoring all security and safety related training programs for Island crew, vendors and visitors as appropriate.
- Conducts security training including use of security equipment, patrol, crowd handling, weapon/bomb detection, guest relations, use and care of security equipment.
- Planning, conducting and documenting annual vessel and Island security and safety drills and exercises.
- Review and evaluate the Emergency Duties as specified in the Island Emergency Plan
- Responsible to engage with the Director of Safety Operations in respect of all elements associated with Castaway Cast safety.
- Organize Island Safety Drills, audits and assist Auditors during visits
- Compiles a bi-monthly safety report to the Island Director and Director Safety Operations and Quality Assurance & Compliance Director
- Keep abreast of the latest in operational safety regulations and procedures from the Company and makes appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor stocks of Personal Protection Equipment with the relevant Island Managers to make sure adequate supplies are always on hand
- Planning, conducting and documenting service for Safety Systems in compliance with DCL requirements and the local authorities
- 7 + years related cruise line gangway and port facility experience
- 5 + years related cruise line and port facility safety experience
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience with port facility and cruise ship security training
- Significant experience with port facility and cruise ship security equipment
- Significant experience with safety and security investigations and documentation
- Significant experience working with law enforcement
Familiarity with port facility and cruise ship security programs
Familiarity with reviewing and interpreting regulations, guidelines, and policies
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Proven ability to train others and lead a training team
- Proven ability to conduct administrative training research
- Familiar with port facility and cruise ship security practices and security programs
- Familiar with security program oversight
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Qualified as Port Facility Security Manager
- Familiar with external threat planning
- Familiarity with maritime security investigations and port security
- Operational experience with port and cruise industry security and safety standards Familiar with maritime regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Proven instructing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to extract key facts from complex written material
- Ability to work independently
- Strong partnering skills
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.