Island Senior Maintenance Manager - Castaway CayApply NowApply Later Job ID 764225BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Feb. 26, 2021
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- As a Department Head and direct report to the Island Operations Director, responsible for leading and contributing to the long-term strategy planning and overall business execution of Island Maintenance in the areas of annual operating, planned work and maintenance budgeting, environmental efforts, team performance and effectively managing to targeted business goals
- Meet with partners in areas such as Island Services, recreation, operations and landscape to understand their needs and provide them with excellent service
- Supervises subordinate employees including first level coaching, counseling, training and performance evaluations
- Reinforces a safety culture and continually seeks to expand safety knowledge through training, mentoring, self-study or other methods of continuous learning; Oversee all understudy development programs across the department
- Responsible for the reporting and record keeping of all maintenance activities and provisioning
- Provide ongoing work reports to Island Operations Director focused on maintenance needs, environmental focus, staffing, etc.
- Work with outside vendors to obtain and review proposals that will expand beyond what Island Maintenance will be responsible for; manage vendor output
- Support ongoing training and development for the technical staff to ensure safe and efficient maintenance practices are followed
- Lead the environmental protection efforts on the island to ensure adequate environmental controls and procedures are in place and adhered to by the island team
- Inspire a team of approximately 25-30 crew members to give their very best, every day
- Promote a safe work environment with procedures and programs relating to lock out/tag out, fall prevention, confined spaces, hazardous materials, etc.
- Complies with the safety competencies, and all company policies and procedures; Investigates, documents and reports safety issues;
- Legally authorized to work in the Bahamas
- Valid 2nd Engineer’s license in accordance with IMO and STCW regulations, or equivalent certifications
- Minimum five years’ experience as a technical engineer with full or subordinate responsibility for the technical management of a major facility or ship
- Experience with potable water systems, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen mechanics, concrete, welding, painting and carpentry, found in a resort or restaurants
- Demonstrated experience managing logistics in a remote location
- Mechanical Engineer with diesel-powered electrical generation experience desired
- Waste-water treatment plant experience desired
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.