Ready to start your journey with Disney Cruise Line and prepare to apply? Contact a representative to discuss available opportunities and apply now:Contact A Procurement Ally
Recreation Staff - Castaway CayApply Now Job ID 349775BR Location , Bahamas Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Cruise Line Date posted 08/07/2017
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
- Monitor the safety of guests and rotate among multiple lifeguard stations 300 feet apart on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay
- Clean/rent equipment – bikes, snorkel masks, boats and floats
- Assist with island activities
- Clean and oversee beach/boat lagoon
- Work onboard a Disney Cruise Line ship periodically. When onboard, monitor children/family pools and water slides/AquaDuck water coaster, as well as all onboard recreational areas while ensuring safety of all guests and enforcing rules
- Monitor integrity of adult areas
- Perform hosting duties within lounges and Walt Disney Theatre in evenings
- Actively support Port Adventures (shore excursion) operation
- This role has high guest interaction
- Execute additional job responsibilities, as assigned by DCL leadership, based on operational need
- Comply with all company set policies and procedures, along with all maritime and ship rules, regulations and procedures
- Participate in Emergency Duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Minimum two years recent work experience in a lifeguard capacity, in a pool or open-water setting; high volume environment
- Of the two years as stated above, a minimum one year recent work experience in a lifeguard capacity must be in an open-water setting; high volume environment
- Ability to pass and maintain the lifeguard training and Aquatic Rescue Professional certification upon arrival, including swimming a distance of 100 yards (91.44 meters) in one (1) minute and 50 seconds or less, proficiently swim and complete a distance of 200 yards (182.88 meters) untimed yet continuous using freestyle and/or breast stroke, tread water for two (2) minutes without hands, and retrieve a 10-pound brick from deep water using a feet-first surface dive
- Ability to detect and respond to noises and distress signals in an aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
- Must be able to observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
- Ability to pass a vision screening with at least 20/25 vision, corrected or uncorrected.
- Be comfortable performing maintenance and/or inspecting underwater areas using snorkel and/or dive equipment
- High level of fitness including strong swimming abilities
- Good computer skills and operational knowledge
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Willingness to live and work on the island with approximately 100 other crew members
- Be able to adhere to Disney Cruise Line appearance guidelines
- Agree to share a cabin with other crew members
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
- Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
- Previous experience with boats, snorkel equipment, or other recreational equipment
- Open water diver and diving rescue certification
This role is based on Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
- Be genuinely interested in living and working on a private island in the Bahamas
- Be committed to the position you are applying for at least 2-3 contracts before a transfer or promotion
- Be willing to follow and perform safety role, emergency duties and/or associated responsibilities as specified in the ship Assembly Plan
- Be willing and able to uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in the Safety Management System in areas and operations under their control
- Be willing to follow and embrace United States Public Health requirements and guidelines as well as Environmentality requirements and Company practices
- Be willing to share a cabin with other crew members and appreciative of working and living in a multi-cultural environment
- Be comfortable living in a confined space with strict rules and regulations
- Adhere to a structured lifestyle, personally and professionally
- Have a valid passport and obtain necessary visas (DCL will provide you with documents for this)
- Complete a pre-employment medical
- Obtain a criminal background check
- Bring approved work shoes
**Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week onboard and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.