Retail Data Maintenance Host/essApply NowApply Later Job ID 1075359BR Location Bahamas Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Aug. 05, 2023
This role is based on Disney's private island in the Bahamas, Castaway Cay.
As an Island Data Maintenance crew member, you will oversee the efficient product management, organization, and presentation of the island merchandise locations, including inventory levels, product pricing, sales floor presentation levels, and communication of product issues. The main focus of the Data Maintenance role is to ensure the merchandise on-hand quantities are always correct, shops are show ready, and provide any assistance to the Merchandise team (including stocking, and operating the point of sale).
You will report to Island Operations and Payroll Manager
- Weekly stock counts, verification of discrepancies, and authorizing the quantities
- Annual inventory preparations for all locations, including product organization, inventory maps, and discrepancy research
- Daily verification of price changes and promotions, while ensuring correct item ticketing.
- Receive, unpack, and stock all merchandise deliveries, ensuring proper recording and verification of inventory received while ensuring that all point of sales systems have been updated
- Assist shipboard teams in receiving orders, restocking the floor, cleaning/sanitizing, and guest assistance throughout the day while the shops are in operation, delivering on Disney standards of guest service at all times.
- Order appropriate supplies for the locations and partner with shipboard and shoreside teams where necessary.
- Minimum two years recent experience in retail or sales with experience and knowledge of managing inventory and cashless sales systems
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for the Disney product, characters, and storytelling
- Strong understanding of sales in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate a passion and strong, ongoing focus towards exceeding Guest satisfaction and sales goals in order to exceed incentive targets which impact the individual, team, and overall
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Computer proficient
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of five ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wish – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DCL Island Development, Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney Cruise Line.