Assistant Manager, eCommerce Operations - CPGP - 1 year contractApply NowApply Later Job ID 765023BR Location Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 25, 2020
- Supervise and schedule warehouse and delivery staff to ensure safe and efficient operation of all warehouse functions
- Manage the entire warehouse operations from shipment receipts to order management, picking, and Inventory management to order fulfillment.
- To ensure the orders received are dispatched accurately and within specified timelines.
- Preparing NDR (Non-Delivery Report) & RTO (Return to Origin) Report.
- Define SLA's in consultation with the management and make efforts to control and maintain them.
- Oversee warehouse operations to exceed expectations for productivity, daily workflow, product availability and accuracy
- Manage stock Receiving, Put away, Picking, Packing & Dispatch operations
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the warehouse operations
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate at all times
- Conduct quality check and ensure all items meet with the quality criteria.
- Processing purchase orders fulfilment and dispatching.
- Monitoring in-transit as well as outside main storage location inventory
- Defining non-moving, slow-medium-fast moving item. Space utilization analysis. Scrap management.
- Provides oversight and conducts (when necessary) physical inventories and cycle counts.
- Collaborates with and supports warehouses with variance investigation.
- Planning & controlling Inventory from Raw material stage to the Finish Goods.
- Achieve operational efficiency by proper resource allocation and maintenance and up-gradation of resources from time to time
- Ensure optimum capacity utilization of warehouse by designing best-fit layouts of a warehouse, goods/material placement, inventory movement and maintenance of the warehouse
- Process attendance & salaries for the warehouse staff on a timely basis
- People Development through regular feedbacks, coaching & mentoring, identifying and facilitating training needs
- Ensure safe, clean and healthy working environment in compliance to statutory requirements and company policies
- +5 years of experience doing project management on customer experience related IT initiatives
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in warehouse/inventory management Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to recognize and react to critical business priorities among multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Able to read and interpret instructions, policy, procedures, program information, etc. and provide guidance to others regarding implementation and application, as well as identify areas of improvement.
- Experience in setting up an inventory management system
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people
- Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies and procedures
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.