Disney+, Executive Producer, Original Production & Content AcquisitionApply NowApply Later Job ID 770897BR Location Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 16, 2020
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role is responsible for the development of programming and the supervision of that programming through Disney+. Specifically, the primary responsibility will be to develop, pitch, manage and supervise original productions for Disney+.
The role must successfully collaborate with production companies to provide editorial guidance that enables producers to create compelling visual content with powerful storytelling, resulting in entertaining programs that meet/exceed ratings goals. The role must also protect programming investment dollars by making sure budgets are reasonable and that production companies deliver according to expectation.
This role will also be responsible for fronting the content acquisition process in the local market, working with the relevant teams to manage the budget and drive deals through negotiations, valuations, analysis and final negotiation.
Negotiating multiple acquisition deals simultaneously will be required. This role will manage ongoing deals, inventories etc, ensuring Disney+ in local market is extracting the maximum value.
- Create high quality, entertaining and engaging content that exceed expectations for the local market
- Work with Executive Director, Content & Creative to refine the content strategy, leveraging data, social trends and media consumption habits
- Work closely with producers, writers and external creative team to develop projects and assess for long-term viability
- Create and maintain robust relationships with production companies in order to develop new content ideas for Disney+
- Receive and review pitches from external production companies and develop ideas internally that are identified as high priorities.
- Identify and scout potential production companies in the country and make Disney+ the preferred partner. This includes working with the best talent from the existing production companies, as well as identifying brave new creative voices
- Work with production companies on budgeting, scheduling, tracking deliverables and function to ensure smooth delivery of projects
- Provide timely feedback to production companies to maintain production schedule and to make sure all contractual obligations are met
- Deliver shows that are on budget and schedule
- Identify and acquire available local content from program licensors working alongside Disney+ Programming team
- Manage all the major studio partnership deals for shaping the business proposition
- Track competition catalogue and collaborate with research to substantiate new business propositions from a content POV
- Aiding Marketing campaigns by sharing Editorial inputs and recommendations to aid promotional campaigns
- Lead the agreement drafting process, providing all commercial terms and context to Legal team and working closely with the Legal team to finalize all agreements
- Work with Operations team to submit acquisition deal data into systems for tracking purposes
- Manage pipeline of content and work closely with programming and content operation teams to ensure that contents are rolled out according to timeline
- Keep abreast of Streaming Service Industry changes in program rights and exploitation and function as the company’s expert in the field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.