Disney+, Manager - Growth & AcquisitionApply NowApply Later Job ID 771482BR Location Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 30, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
The Growth and Acquisition Marketing manager in Thailand is responsible for providing expertise and strategic direction in the areas of media strategy, media planning and media buying for Disney streaming services, delivering best in class media plans to support local brand and acquisition marketing campaigns. This performance marketing role has significant opportunities to deliver bottom-line impact and growth. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the brand marketing, social media, customer lifecycle and partnerships teams, as well as the wider marketing teams across the company, for maximum impact. He/she will also be the local expert in providing insights on media publishers and platforms.
This role will be instrumental in driving subscriber acquisition efforts for Disney’s streaming service, ensuring bought subscriber targets are delivered. The role will be the local expert and lead in providing market intel, and looking at best opportunities and execution of campaigns, as well as ensuring best possible messaging and delivery of localised assets.
- Responsible for acquiring and growing subscribers; Manage digital campaigns, from ideation and media planning to optimization and performance analysis.
- Identify source of growth, profitability and efficiencies in current or new areas through strategic thinking and creative analytics.
- Drive marketing programs which are highly targeted based on content affinity of relevant audience cohorts.
- Daily check of campaigns and performance on Demand Side Platforms, Data Management Platforms and analysis dashboards.
- Stand by for adjusting campaigns on DSPs / FBM.
- Provide local benchmarks analyses on best performing ads and competitor activities.
- Drive digital marketing efficiencies and reach through continuous localized communication testing (a/b), innovation using different platforms and new products/formats.
- Responsible for local adjustments and optimizations in creative (language / format etc.)
- Provide insight on local publishers, opportunities and tactics to target new audiences and optimize measurement metrics.
- Deliver most effective Cost of Acquisition (CPA) and expected Subscriber Volume.
- Manage agencies to execute best in class subscriber acquisition activities.
- Strong grasp in Mobile & App Install / Purchase lead campaigns as well as App based 3rd Party tools for optimization.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, with 5-8 years of relevant experience in Digital or Performance Marketing roles
- Experience in handling large scale campaign planning, optimization for both performance and brand impact
- Strong knowledge of subscription services and its competitive landscape
- Strong understanding of media and content landscape
- Experienced working with creative teams to develop concepts and bring messaging to life
- Local language essential and awareness of local trends / preferences
- Good understanding and working knowledge of MS Excel, Google analytics, tableau experience preferred
- Exposure to working with key campaign management tools and platforms (Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.)
- Understanding of market nuances and dynamics to deliver a global strategy while also balancing local adaptions to drive local results
- Language competence in English and Thai.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.