Disney+, Manager - Social Media Asian Content SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 942535BR Location Bangkok, Thailand Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 07, 2022
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) is a global business segment with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DTCI aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role will be responsible for executing all Social Media campaigns for Asian Titles with the Disney+ brand in South East Asia. The role will manage local social channels for Asian Content for Disney+ (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and others). They will drive the implementation of social content strategies, and work with agencies to manage content calendars, scheduling and publishing of content. This role requires a strong grasp of Social Media platforms and the candidate should be knowledgeable in industry trends and the latest innovations. They should also be experienced in different content formats on Social Media and how to leverage these formats creatively and effectively. The successful candidate will be passionate about Asian content from K-Dramas to Japanese Anime.
- Social Media Lead for Disney+ Asian Title Campaigns across SEA
- Develop the regional social media strategy for Asian titles, including what channels to build, communities and influencers we should tap into and content we need to create that will cut through.
- Write social media creative briefs for regional Asian title campaigns and input on monthly always on creative briefs.
- Planning and developing content calendars for priority Asian title campaigns
- Oversee all Asian Titles Social Media execution (campaigns like Snowdrop, Rookie Cops, Outrun by Running Man, Grid, Crazy Love)
- Ideate and write scripts for content featuring talent, oversee production and delivery
- Manage all local Social Media and influencer activations for Asian Titles
- Liaise with Asian studios for asset sourcing and content approvals
- Manage any localisations needed for assets provided by the local studios.
- Review and approve social captions - as voice of the brand there maybe times where you have to step on and write copy so it is in the correct tone of voice.
- Ensure fast delivery of all creatives to market leads
- Provide reporting and analysis of results, including strategic recommendations and tactical tips that are directly related to insights in your market
- Analyse current-state Social Media channels and determine areas of improvement, expansion and refinement
- Have a strong awareness of emerging trends and behaviours on social channels. Able to link behaviours to root causes and interpret digital culture to find relevance for the business
- Consistent and strong collaborator who elevates the work of cross-functional teams
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in social planning in house or at digital/ social agencies
- Experience in Social Media/Content/Editorial/Digital Marketing
- Should be fluent in written and spoken English
- Social Native who is embedded into Asian culture
- Creative individual who is passionate about Asian content
- Hands-on experience developing insights from social listening. Detailed understanding of social analytics across channels. Ability to synthesize data from many sources into actionable insights
- Highly informed and thoughtful perspectives on social platforms. Ability to adapt brand expression and campaign strategy to relevant social channel experiences and strategy
- Working knowledge of tools a plus, e.g. Sprinklr, Social Bakers, Hootsuite, Meltwater, Radian 6 etc
- Ability to work at rapid pace
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.