Disney+, Senior Manager - Partnerships & Business DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 768502BR Location Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 04, 2020
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role is responsible to provide guidance and recommendation to ensure the best possible Disney+ experience on the widest possible range of devices.
This is an exciting opportunity to drive and own strategic product & technical relationships with global consumer electronics partners, payment platforms, and mobile OEM partners ensuring that the company makes the most impact out of the partnerships. Internally, the role will work with various functions to identify opportunities, define a strategy, and provide recommendations to drive them to execution to ensure a best in class Disney+ experience on partner devices.
- Provide guidance in terms of developing and maintaining a relationship with working partners such as Device Manufacturers, FinTech, SuperApps, Telecommunication companies in Thailand.
- Provide recommendation in navigating complex product/technology relationships with partners, including payment providers, wallets and other potential brand fit partners. Thereafter, gather insights, and develop strategies on opportunities identified
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure we deliver the best in class Disney+ experience on partner devices
- Keep a track to ensure that all engagements with partners are aligned on a strategy and goal, and making impact through value exchanges and drive commercial discussions to conclusion
- Work closely with the product, Tech, finance and legal teams to confirm on boarding of partners
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in building and managing strategic relationships with leading global organizations
- Strong knowledge of subscription services and its competitive landscape
- Strong understanding of media and content landscape
- Has a proven track record of leading multi-party projects or technology eco-system
- Has hands-on work in embedded software and platforms, and under-the-hood knowledge of video-centric CE devices such as TVs, streaming media players, or game consoles.
- Able to inform business, product, and technology decisions based on data and metrics.
- Consumer Oriented and customer focused
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, across a diverse set of audiences, internally and externally.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.