Manager, Studio DistributionApply NowApply Later Job ID 770518BR Location Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 09, 2020
The key business objective of this role is to create, manage and implement a distribution approach and strategy that maximises The Walt Disney Studio Motion Pictures (WDSMP) Thailand theatrical commercial value and which allows WDSMP to achieve its revenue and margin targets.
Responsibilities:Strategy Creation and Implementation:
- Develop, manage and implement specific distribution led strategies – such as formal exhibitor account planning – that expand and optimise our relationships with exhibitors and which shift the focus from short-term title by title discussions to more strategic long-term discussions. This would include terms simplification, promotions opportunities, in-theatre/trailering planning etc.
- Identify new business opportunities and efficiency
- Develop and manage a commercial-led strategy for new technology related opportunities
- Drive placement, booking and hold-over negotiations
- Settlement terms negotiations
- Contract Management
- Promotions/Pricing and co-operative advertising initiatives (with marketing and Media+ teams
- Windowing discussions
- Dispute resolution and potential legal action (with business affairs team)
- Box Office Reporting compliance – in particular ensuring that WDSMP obtains its fair share of any ‘additional’ fees
- Trailering and in-theatre strategies (with the marketing team)
- Provide post-screening feedback to and communicate appropriately, proactively and objectively back to film-makers/Studio stakeholders on box office potential and factors that could impact – positively/negatively – any upcoming releases
- Collect outstanding receivables and flag any potential non-collection/issues
Financial and Reporting:
- Working closely with Finance & Theatrical Marketing team to create and approve all title budget forecasts and title P&L’s.
- P&L and Distribution budget responsibility for Studio releases, driving maximum revenue and efficiency for TWDC.
- Conduct full financial review and learnings for all key titles
- Manage P&L’s to achieve fiscal year AOP target & gain business approval. Manage weekly & weekend reports update and assessment of appropriateness of rentals
- Manage exhibitor market shares, settlement rates, terms defensibility and film profitability reviews
- Develop 5YP and AOP
- Box office and expense projection
- Competitive titles analysis
- Identify and monitor the key drivers of the business – such as promotion and ticket price
- Keep abreast of competitor/market landscape
- Identifying best theatrical release dating approach (within context of wider Southeast Asia’s objectives, competitive environment) for all titles and updating/reviewing date changes on an on-going basis
- Cross-divisional support – provide functional expertise, knowledge and support to all Thailand cross-divisional and integrated activities and initiatives that impact the theatrical business e.g. retail, stage shows, Disney Channel, etc.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Thailand-based theatrical sales team – including all talent, development and succession planning discussions
- As appropriate represent WDSMP on various trade associations/bodies/discussion panels
- High level management experience in a numbers driven environment and proven negotiation skills
- Extensive management level experience within Sales, Distribution, the Entertainment industry
- Experience of managing relationships – at a senior level, preferably within the Thailand industry - is essential
- A passion for films
- Proficient English language skills, both written and spoken
- Effective planning and organization skills, ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Interpersonal and organizational sensitivity in a matrix structure
- Excellent communication, negotiation & influencing skills
- Able to report, analyse and present data
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.