Senior Manager, Studio Sales and DistributionApply NowApply Later Job ID 814846BR Location Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
The role requires an individual to oversee and nurture relationships with key Thailand exhibitors, in order to best commercially exploit WDSMP titles, and maximise revenues through initial and maintained in-cinema positioning.
- Manage all aspects of the sales and distribution life-cycle of a theatrical release in Thailand from adhering to the budgets set for the market, to post-mortem after release
- Identify strategic sales and distribution opportunities
- Drive the achievement of GBO, revenue and DM targets per AOP
- Partner closely with and display a completely synergized approach with the country marketing and publicity teams to ensure that strategies are entirely aligned, communicated and understood
- Develop, manage, and oversee all elements of a strong relationship with Thailand exhibitors, such as:
- Optimising print placement, booking, and holdover negotiations across all WDSMP theatrical releases
- Windowing discussions
- Trailering and in-theatre strategies (with sales team)
- Deal with account queries from collections and billing department
- Instigate and conduct terms discussions with exhibitors as necessary, agreeing revenue share on either a by title or long term basis
- Conflict resolution
- Updating on all WDSMP theatrical release plans
- Generating new business with current exhibitors, and any potential new exhibitors entering the market
- Implement, communicate, and manage release strategy, targets, and dating, such as:
- Date and position titles
- Conduct box office analysis and market trend studies as required
- Assimilate sales-based and industry information when required
- Monitor and manage film performance, using prior title and competitor comparisons, including ultimate estimation
- Manage weekly and weekend reports update
- Review contractual agreements with technical vendors pertaining to the handling of studio content for release in the market
- Setting and ensuring SOPs are in place for audit purposes
- Work with all business units required to ensure Legal, Credit and Compliance adherence for all existing partners and new market entrants
- Manage data updates, and access on systems
- High level sales experience in a numbers driven environment, with proven negotiation skills, and strong attention to detail
- Experience in theatrical distribution or exhibition is desired
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.