Sr. Manager, Sales and Distribution, Studio EntertainmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712442BR Location Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 16, 2019
The key business objective of this role is to create, manage and implement a sales distribution approach and strategy that maximises The Walt Disney Studio Motion Pictures (WDSMP) Thailand theatrical market share and which allows WDSMP to achieve its revenue and margin targets.
- Partner closely with and display a completely synergized approach with the theatrical marketing and publicity teams to ensure that strategies are entirely aligned, communicated and understood
- Develop, manage, supervise and approve all elements of the relationship with Thailand exhibitors – such as: Print placement, booking and hold-over negotiations, Settlement terms negotiations, Promotions/Pricing and co-operative advertising initiatives (with marketing and partnerships teams) , Windowing discussions, Dispute resolution and potential legal action (with business affairs team) o Box Office Reporting compliance – in particular ensuring that WDSMP obtains its fair share of any ‘additional’ fees and also digital-related ticket price increases , Trailering and in-theatre strategies (with the marketing team) , Systems and Provide post-screening feedback to and communicate appropriately, proactively and objectively back to film-makers/Studio stakeholders on box office potential and factors that could impact – positively/negatively – any upcoming releases
- Strategy Creation and Implementation: Develop, manage and implement specific distribution led strategies – such as formal exhibitor account planning – that expand and optimise our relationships with exhibitors and which shift the focus from short-term title by title discussions to more strategic long-term discussions. This would include terms simplification, promotions opportunities, in-theatre/trailering planning etc.
- Develop and manage a commercial-led strategy for new technology related opportunities such as 3D/4D, electronic delivery of content
- Release Scheduling - Identifying best theatrical release dating approach (within context of wider Southeast Asia’s objectives, competitive environment) for all titles and updating/reviewing date changes on an on-going basis Management and oversight of all WDSMP, competitive, external and internal sales reporting requirements
- Cross-divisional support – provide functional expertise, knowledge and support to all Thailand cross-divisional and integrated activities and initiatives that impact the theatrical business e.g. retail, stage shows, Disney Channel, etc.
- Team Management: Responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Thailand-based theatrical sales team – including all talent, development and succession planning discussions
- With local and regional Finance Team:, Monitor and Manage Film Performance – using prior title and competitor comparisons - including ultimate estimation, Manage weekly & weekend reports update and assessment of appropriateness of rentals, Manage exhibitor market shares, settlement rates, terms defensibility and film /print profitability reviews
- Trade Associations – as appropriate represent WDSMP on various trade associations/bodies/discussion panels
- High level management experience in a numbers driven environment and proven negotiation skills
- Extensive sales experience within the Film Distribution Industry is desired but not necessary
- Experience of managing exhibitor relationships – at a senior level, preferably within the Thailand industry - is essential
- A passion for films
- Proficient English language skills, both written and spoken
- Effective planning and organization skills, ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Interpersonal and organizational sensitivity in a matrix structure • Excellent communication, negotiation & influencing skills
- Able to report, analyse and present data
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.