Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY:Cast Activities, Recognition & Experience Intern: FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522640BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
Cast Activities was founded in 1957 by a group of volunteers under the title of the Disneyland® Recreation Club. The Club was intended to improve the "Disneyland® Work Experience" and to "Make Magic for the Magic Makers." That legacy is continued today by Cast Activities, a department within the Human Resources Division. The Cast Activities, Recognition & Experience team provides global recognition, programs, activities, wellness events and event planning services for our diverse Cast, Crew and Imagineers. This is accomplished by preserving our rich Disney heritage while we strive to enhance our Guest experience.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
In this role, you will be responsible for, but are not limited to, assisting with the planning of a variety of global events from Service Celebrations to Biometric Screenings to company-wide distributions. Events will include Canoe Races Of the World, Canoe Sprints, Magic Backstage, Spring Fling, Goofy’s Mystery Tour, Fall Family Block Party and more. You will also assist with our Cast Activities Volunteers. Interns will be expected to interact with guests through a high volume of calls or emails and providing exceptional guest service during events. Phone calls and emails will consist of answering questions or confirming guest event R.S.V.P’s. You will support the team in the day-to-day tasks important to the success of the events. Your responsibilities could also include, but are not limited to marketing, volunteer scheduling, event set-up and breakdown, event monitoring, event participation, and much more.
- Event coordination experience & positive attitude
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with social media like Facebook and Twitter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong Guest Service skills
- Familiarity with the Walt Disney World Resort property
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Willingness to do some physical labor with ability to lift 40 pounds,
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license. Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Prior participation in Cast Activities or Events
- Fluency in the Spanish and/or Haitian Creole
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis .
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.