Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY:Casting Employment Coordinator Internship: FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522665BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Casting Services guides applicants through the hiring process and supports all employment departments; including Casting Services, Internships & Programs Recruiting, Engineering Services, Entertainment and Professional Recruiting.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
In this role, you will gain insight into the recruitment process of the largest single-site employer in the United State. This position will be working within Casting Operation Support at the Walt Disney World Resort Casting Center in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. You will be providing excellent and guest service to applicants and Cast Members by greeting, checking-in and scheduling telephone and inter person interviews, greeting guests within the Casting Center lobby. This intern will exceed expectations by assisting with Guest issues. You will be partnering with the recruitment teams to coordinate and maintain the daily operations flow of the Casting Center and other projects as needed.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role…
- Strong communication skill, including strong typing skills and telephone etiquette
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to exercise in initiative
- Knowledge and understanding of Walt Disney World policies and procedures
- Ability to uphold the Disney heritage and tradition with respects to Cast Member and applicant interaction
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Excel) and willingness to learn new software programs
- Experience with HR related processes
- Proven familiarity with SAP and recruitment ATS systems
- Proficiency in a secondary language
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Union contracts
- Experience working within an office environment
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.