Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Central FL Sales & Services Coor. Internship: FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522659BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/07/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Destination Sales drives business to The Walt Disney Company Parks and Resorts and the ships of Disney Cruise Line. As a coordinator on the Destination Sales - Client Services team, you would serve as a primary contact and business driver for the front line sales representatives in the local tourist market.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
In this role, you will develop and maintain relationships with targeted Guest Service companies to facilitate and expand sales and training opportunities resulting in increased sales. You’ll drive results by monitoring and reporting daily interactions between Guest Service representatives and Guests to ensure that proper nomenclature is being used when referencing the Walt Disney World Resort and Magic Your Way tickets. You will make an impact by maintaining Point-of-Purchase displays at over 200 off-property Guest Service locations throughout Central Florida to increase ticket sales and utilization. This role requires you to drive a company themed vehicle every day.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role…
- Strong partnering, networking and relationship building skills along with oral and written communication
- Ability to utilize influencing skills, demonstrate brand awareness and complete competitive analysis on any key finding in the market place
- High-level Guest Service skills including proactive problem solving and decision making abilities
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Proven knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort property, products and services
- Must have a valid U.S driver's license and comfort in operations a 15 passenger company vehicle. Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Previous sales experience
- Currently earning a college/university degree as a junior or senior (and up to 6 months after graduation) for a major in Hospitality, Communication, Sales and Marketing, Public Relations or related field
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.