Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Education Operations Internship: FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522658BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/07/2018
We are looking for a Professional Intern interested in supporting the Disney Internships and Programs Education Team and the Disney Learning Center located at Vista Way Apartments. We are seeking a personable individual driven to provide high level, personalized guest service while interacting with Cast Members, universities, faculty and family members. In partnership with the Education Team, this individual will become an integral part of the daily operation.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture by….
- Supporting Disney Internships & Programs Instructors and administrative staff by assisting in a variety of projects; including classroom set-up.
- Assisting with the daily operation of a Disney Learning Center, including maintaining learning resources (i.e. books, DVD's, computer software and equipment)
- Proctoring student exams and assisting with the Writing Lab, including resume review
- Mentoring patrons and acting as a key advisor regarding the learning component of the program; assisting with course registration of incoming students; delivering certificates of completion
A day in the life….
- Deliver exceptional guest service and operational administrative support - Focus on providing personalized service and taking ownership of work with limited direction and supervision
- Contribute to the team’s overall performance – Act as a team player to drive attendance; coordinate and participate in special events and activities, complete project work as needed
- Develop key partnerships – Work with the Disney Service Centers, Education Office and departments across property; act as the liaison to the Education Team; partner with the Housing Events and Communications team members
- Deliver clear and concise content – Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at all levels through verbal and written communication.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Ability to network, develop and maintain a positive working relationship with Cast Members and external Educators and family
- Computer proficiency including experience with spreadsheets and databases, working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated strong telephone etiquette
- Prior experience as a Resident Advisor, Orientation Leader or Campus related programming position
- Currently earning a college/university degree as a junior or senior (and up to 6 months after graduation) for a major in Education, Human Resources, Communication or related major
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.