Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Guest Relations Internship, FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522638BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Guest Relations provided outstanding Guest service and assistance with all Guest needs in a variety of disciplines. As a Professional Intern, you will act as the communication hub for the park, handling escalations and resolving Guest concerns.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe part of an innovative team and culture…
In this role, you will engage Guests in My Magic+ components including My Disney Experience profiles, entitlements and itineraries. You will make an impact by aiding Guests with language assistance services, ticketing, dining reservations and special service needs. You’ll drive results by communicating extensively and partnering with other areas within each specific park and other Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts properties.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role…
- Proven knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort property, products and services.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- High-level Guest Service skills including conflict resolution, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong partnering, networking and comprehension skills along with oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including a proficiency in clear, concise, and compelling oral and written communication, as well as telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to learn and work with various systems and software (i.e. Automated Ticketing System (ATS))
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license and comfort in operating a 15 passenger company vehicle. Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Proven bilingual ability, specifically Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, French or German
- Demonstrated strong cash handling skills, including foreign currencies, credit card transactions, discounts and other forms of payment
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.