Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Leadership Development Internship, FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522642BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Disney University Leadership Programs team supporting the leadership skill development needs of the salaried cast at Walt Disney World. This team is responsible for various leadership development programs and open enrollment classes that are part of the Disney University for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the scheduling and all logistics for parts of the Disney University Leadership Programs curriculum
- System management of a large, intricate database
- Utilizing data from multiple sources to determine program participant eligibility
- Tracking completion status of leaders attending programs and preparing data for metrics reports
- Communicating and interacting with salaried and executive program participants, team members, and key partners
- Assisting with office and classroom supply ordering to ensure adequate supply for the operation, class set- up, and breakdown
- Supporting additional project work that centers around cast development and the operation of the Disney University
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role…
- Strong time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Professionalism and strong guest service skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to interact effectively with Cast Members at all levels; often in situations requiring a sense of urgency, confidentiality, and quick action
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Office applications and willingness and ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Ability to multi task in a dynamic, ever changing work environment.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Currently earning a college/university degree as a junior or senior (and up to 6 months after graduation)
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.