Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Operations Training Intern, FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522664BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Operations Training Team at Disney University provides Line of Business training for Front-Line Cast Members from Park and Resort Operations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort. The Operations Training Professional Intern at Disney University will assist with supporting these core classes and learning events. The intern will heavily interact with the Operations Training Core Facilitators.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of an original team and culture…
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative and logistical support for all Operations Training classes
- Assisting with the preparation and reconciliation of class rosters through the D Learn database
- Assisting with the recording of web based learning for all Operations Training courses administered at Disney University
- Supporting the Operations Training Core Facilitators on a daily basis with questions and requests related to their courses and participants
- Managing the lobby duty assignment and communicate to the Operations Training Core Facilitators
- Maintaining the department’s monthly newsletter and bulletin boards
- Assisting with various projects, including Operations Training Core Facilitator auditions and selection process
- Maintaining training materials and assisting in the development of new tools, job aids and resources
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role…
- Ability to work in a fast paced office environment
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Partnering skills
- Organizational skills
- Editing and writing skills
- Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and Share Point
- Attention to Details
- Proven strong Walt Disney World property knowledge.
- Previous program or experience in Guest Relations, Front Desk, Concierge or Park Operations.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Internet and other tools such as Microsoft Office, LILO, ATS, ACCOVIA, My Disney Experience, CastApp, a la carte, and MAGIC.
- Proficient in Spanish or Portuguese, both written and verbal.
- Currently earning a college/university degree as a junior or senior (up to 6 months after graduation) in Training and Development, Organizational Development, Education, Communications or related major
- Be a former or current Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship Participant
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.