Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Park Event Ops Asst Internship, FA '18Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 531820BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 03/08/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of an original team and culture…
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Event Operations Media & Special Programs Team, including Salaried and Office and Technical Cast Members. The intern will complete day-to-day tasks that are critical to ensuring the assets and resources we use to produce media events are in proper working order and stored in a safe and organized fashion. The intern will assist the team with basic media-related tasks and assume some coordination roles. Daily activities may include, but are not limited to: facilitating media activity in the parks; ensuring event related equipment is available and secure; communicating media information to park partners; preparing materials for use in events and maintaining Media calendars. Interns will be expected to assist Media Guest Experience Managers & Coordinators during Media Events in the parks. Responsibilities include: advanced planning for all media shoots including film, live television, radio and photography events; ensuring Cast Members are engaging the Guests; ensuring the events are running efficiently; communicating with necessary park and EO partners; escorting media, broadcasting and press through the park to designated locations.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role…
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends
- Working knowledge of the Walt Disney World Resort
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong decision making skills
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities with minimal direction
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Background experience in broadcast or production
- Park Operations Experience
- Demonstrated strong typing skills
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated logistical planning background/knowledge
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in secondary language skill(s)
- Demonstrate strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrated experience in an office environment
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.