Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Sports and Events Internship, FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522641BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Cast Fitness team provides global fitness programs, activities, sports leagues and wellness services for our diverse Cast, Crew and Imagineers. This is accomplished by preserving our rich Disney heritage while we strive to enhance our guests’ experience. Cast Fitness works to create events where our Cast can have fun while staying active.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
In this exciting role, you will create opportunities and events to meet the needs of our cast in the area of health and wellness. You bring a working knowledge of sports programming and fitness related events. Flexibility is key, as events can take place in early mornings or late evenings. Are you passionate about creating a culture around wellness? Do you enjoy organizing, create and managing sports programs? Do you enjoy providing courteous, accurate and prompt responses to requests from our cast to help them meet their health goals and ensure guest satisfaction? If so, we want to hear from you!
- someone who enjoys planning and implementing a variety of sports events including: Softball, Basketball, and Volleyball.
- excited to build and maintain relationships with key partners to execute Cast wellbeing programs and company-wide wellness initiatives such as Be Well… Sunrise Yoga at the Magic Kingdom Park and onsite Biometric Screenings.
- a self-starter who takes initiative to support the team in day-to-day tasks important to the success of all programs and events.
- energized by interacting with guests through phone, email or in-person at events.
- passionate about providing excellent customer service in order to provide the highest quality events and drive optimal attendance.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Ability to handle guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously while proactively anticipating needs
- Work onsite at events to ensure success; showcase the ability to handle difficult situations and confidently utilize service recovery methods
- Previous event planning knowledge or experience
- Self-starter with the ability to take ownership of work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license and comfort in operating a company vehicle. Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Knowledgeable of sports and sport programming
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.