Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY:Travel Operations Project Support Internship: FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522668BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Travel Operations is the primary contact center for our guests planning their magical Disney Vacation. This high profile role may work on projects and responsibilities with a variety of teams including Facilities, Cast Support, Quality Assurance, Telecom, Labor, Measurement and Reporting.
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe a part of a transformative team and culture…
In this role, you will assist with developing and implementing key strategic initiatives and special projects to support Sales & Travel business objectives. You’ll assist with developing and executing communication strategies to the Teams’ internal clients. You will evaluate opportunities for continuous improvement of processes. You’ll partner with internal and external partners in a fast paced, dynamic environment to provide direction and support implements special projects.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role…
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and strength in follow-through and follow-up
- Demonstrated problem solving and technical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated analytical knowledge and experience
- Ability to perform light to medium physical activities including frequent, ongoing walking throughout a 96,000 square foot facility and ability to lift 15 pounds.
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s. Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Project or event coordination experience
- Currently earning a college/university degree as a junior or senior (up to 6 months after graduation) in Communication, Business, Hospitality or related majors
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.