Editorial Optimization ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10067654 Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
About the Role & Team
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products is home to the best storytellers and creators in the world. We embrace and contribute to a boundless future, where anything is possible, using technology and innovation to build the most memorable and magical experiences in the world. Creativity is at the heart of all we do, and our dedicated team of Cast Members, Crew Members, Imagineers, and employees deliver unparalleled levels of service, entertainment, and creativity, bringing a range of authentic and immersive stories to life across the globe.
As part of the global Communications and Public Affairs team, the Editorial Optimization Manager serves as the team’s SEO subject matter expert, leading efforts to optimize editorial content, drive organic growth, improve search rankings and market share, and enhance online visibility for strategic DPEP storytelling. This position also contributes to website publishing strategies, along with day-to-day editorial and copywriting review and optimization.
The ideal candidate has a passion for storytelling, analytics and writing, and is comfortable with daily editorial deadlines and a fast-paced collaborative environment.
What You Will Do
- Oversee, implement, and define standard processes for DPEP’s breaking news and long-term/evergreen content strategy, organic search strategy, competitive analysis, and brand strategy.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs and Customer Engagement partners on Paid Search Campaigns for key business-driving initiatives.
- Assist with the development of the Communications and Public Affairs editorial strategy, including content planning, daily article editing and optimization.
- Collaborate with DPEP SEO champions on best practices to share with content teams, writers and account managers to assist and ensure their content aligns with long-term content strategy plans, including evergreen content opportunities.
- Conduct detailed keyword research to identify valuable opportunities for organic growth.
- Collaborate with content creators, writers, and account managers to edit stories and ensure SEO best practices are integrated into content development processes.
- Lead on-page optimization efforts, including meta tag optimization, URL structure, and content improvements.
- Stay updated with industry trends, search engine algorithms, and best practices to continuously refine and adapt search strategies.
- Monitor competitor activities and identify areas for improvement in our approach to content optimization.
- Train and mentor writers via monthly workshops, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Drive referrals and transactions to the Disney Parks portfolio (e.g. ShopDisney) via editorial-based content
- Coordinate with analytics and content strategy teams to build reports to accurately track the progress of certain keywords, topics, SERP and blog performance.
- Partner with internal and external teams to address website performance and search optimization (server log analysis, JS rendering, internal link audits, schema, redirect chains and more).
- Provide regular performance reports and insights to key partners, showcasing the impact of optimization efforts on organic traffic and conversions.
- Apply performance tools, including Adobe Analytics, Google Trends, and Google Analytics
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years performing technical search engine optimization for a high-volume consumer website
- Proven understanding of AP style guidelines
- Data and statistical analysis experience and the ability to interpret results
- Proficient in using analytics systems like Adobe Analytics to derive valuable insights and make data-driven decisions that drive business success
- Proven excellence in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to deliver polished documentation, data analysis, and impactful presentations
- Able to work collaboratively within a group as well as independently with minimal direction, elf-starter, and work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience with editorial publishing, business storytelling, and applying reporting to communicate data-driven insights and content recommendations to partners and leadership
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience
- Proven strong creative writer and original thinker
- Experience optimizing websites in multiple languages
- Certifications such as Google Analytics and Google Ads are a plus.
- General understanding of the many global businesses represented within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
- Previous Disney experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or equivalent work and/or internship experience
#CORP_Media #twdcmedia #DisneyCommsCareers #LI-TD2
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.