Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Guest Relations Professional Internship: Fall 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 737465BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Feb. 13, 2020
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Guest Relations Cast Members provide outstanding Guest service and assist with all Guest needs. As a Professional Intern, you will enhance your skillset in conflict resolution and problem solving while acting as a communication hub for the property, handling escalations and resolving Guest concerns.
Responsibilities:Be part of an innovative team and culture…
In this role, you will engage with Guests to service their needs in a variety of locations throughout Parks, Disney Springs and other WDW properties. You will assist with all MyMagic+ components including My Disney Experience profiles, entitlements and itineraries. You will make an impact by aiding Guests with language assistance services, ticketing, dining reservations and special service needs. You’ll drive results by communicating extensively and partnering with other areas within each specific park and other Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts properties.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role…
- Proven knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort property, products and services, and a passion for delivering exceptional Guest Service.
- Demonstrated technical abilities and computer proficiency with the ability to learn and work with various systems and software (i.e. Ticketing System).
- Proven ability to manage conflict resolution through a balance of self-driven integrity and partner resourcing.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including a proficiency in clear, concise, and compelling oral and written communication.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for all seasons.
- Ability to proactively seek out Guest contact, recognizing when to assist without being approached.
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license and have comfort in operating a company vehicle, including under inclement weather. Operating a company vehicle is required for this role.
- Minimum six months Walt Disney World or Disney College Program Experience.
- Proven bilingual ability, specifically Spanish, Portuguese, American Sign Language, Japanese, Mandarin or French.
- Demonstrated strong cash handling skills, including foreign currencies, credit card transactions, and other forms of payment.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.