Senior Technical Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10051767 Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 16, 2023
The Entitlements Platform is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager for the SRE/DevOps/sustainment and PE teams in the daily management of all activities across several categories with core, partner and vendor teams in support of initiatives, steady-state sustainment and projects.
- Develop and manage the project, communication, resource plans and processes
- Analyze all management and technical processes to ensure they’re delivered as expected
- Meet regularly with project stakeholders and define project goals and objectives
- Manage budget and resource allocation through all initiative and project phases
- Schedule initiative and project timelines
- Make estimates for the budget and schedule
- Generate regular reports to update stakeholders and manage initiatives and projects
- Establish and train teams on processes and strategies
- Oversee day-to-day technical operations, including assignments and personnel review
- Define roles and responsibilities of the team and determine clear deliverables
- Research and evaluate new hardware and software technology and help make decisions on the cost-benefit analysis of new purchases
- Update and maintain hardware and software systems as needed
- Manage cost optimization analysis of steady-state cloud spend
- Bachelor's degree in project management or related technical field preferred
- Project management certification preferred
- 5+ Years of professional work as a technical project manager
- Trained in project management and knowledge of various methodologies to deliver successful projects and initiatives
- Experience leading, coaching and developing technical teams
- Comfortable in a collaborative and fast-paced work environment
- Highly proficient in ServiceNow, Jira, Tableau and Confluence
- Ability to structure lean and efficient processes
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to motivate a wide variety of teams associated with the initiatives
- Clear communication skills to guide project teams and coordinate with vendors and management
- Being able to solve problems
- Having analytical, computer and math skills
- Knowledge of new and established software systems and the ability to train others on them
- Organizational and time management skills to keep teams and projects on schedule
- Managerial experience
- Systems development background
- Systems support and sustainment background
- Background in Tableau and other reporting tools (e.g. on cloud providers) to generate and automate reports
- Background in using Splunk and Application Dynamics to create dashboards
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.