Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Traditions Internship: Fall 2019 Alumni OnlyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 635805BR Location Bay Lake, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Feb. 05, 2019
Job Summary:The Disney Traditions Program is steeped in the history of The Walt Disney Company and is critical in the success of achieving our common goal: "We Create Happiness". Disney Traditions introduces new Cast Members, Crew Members, and Imagineers to the culture and heritage of our company, and is the beginning of their Disney career. Cast, Crew, and Imagineers will learn the impact they have on creating happiness, and how The Four Keys guide us in deciding what actions and behaviors are best while performing our roles. Each participant is encouraged to develop a sense of pride and ownership in their work, and to recognize their responsibility to create magical Disney memories for our Guests every day.
This opportunity is for those who have successfully completed a Disney College Program.
Responsibilities:Be a part of a transformative team and culture…
In this role, you will proactively greet and welcome new Cast Members on their first day with the Walt Disney Company through the Disney University. You’ll model onstage behaviors, and demonstrate flexibility to respond to the needs of the team at a moment’s notice. You must be comfortable working in a dynamic, ever-changing work environment, managing class enrollment, and coordinating Traditions classes. You will be tasked with making decisions and taking actions quickly with minimal direction. You will also be responsible for stocking and cleaning materials and tools. This role requires bending, standing and walking on a regular basis, both inside and outside. Be aware that this is NOT a facilitation role.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role…
- Demonstrates professionalism and strong Guest service skills
- This opportunity is open to those who have successfully completed a Disney College Program.
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with Cast Members at all levels, often in situations requiring a sense of urgency and confidentiality
- Willing to provide and receive feedback in a positive manner with Cast Members at all levels
- Demonstrates proficiencies in Microsoft Office, and a willingness to learn new software applications
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills, with a focus on details
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and take initiative, while working as part of a team
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 25 pounds
- Operating a Company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a Company vehicle under all weather conditions, including nighttime driving
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Walt Disney World ® Resort property, policies and procedures
- Bilingual in Spanish or Haitian Creole
- Previous Disney operational experience
- Project management experience
- Proven experience in a training environment
- Comfort with public speaking to large groups
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.