Already applied?View Dashboard
Since the opening of our first center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the joy of language learning with tens of thousands of children across China. With our award-winning curriculum and unparalleled Disney stories and characters, we help children develop a passion for the English language. Here, we give trainers and a variety of other professionals the opportunity to shape young children's futures and build rewarding relationships with them along the way. This is a wonderful opportunity in education, providing you with the unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
Front Desk Associate – BeijingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 495501BR Location Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China Business Disney English Date posted Oct. 15, 2018
Job Summary:DISNEY ENGLISH
No one speaks the language of children better than Disney, and nothing captures their imaginations more than a great story. Disney English combines the art of Disney storytelling, breakthrough language learning methodology and innovative technology to inspire learners’ passion for English. Since the opening of our flagship Center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the gift of English with thousands of children across China. By providing an award-winning academic curriculum and engaging children with their favorite Disney stories, songs and characters; Disney English creates a fun, lively, and highly effective learning environment.
An opportunity with Disney English allows you to make a difference in the lives of children, all while receiving ongoing professional development and gaining valuable experience within The Walt Disney Company. Become one Disney English cast member could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your talent, creativity and unique experience, and discover why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Disney English Mission
Our mission is to transform children’s learning by combining immersive content, innovative technology, and engaging teaching methods that inspire children to confidently communicate with the world in their own voice.
Disney English Front Desk Administrators (FDA) function as members of the Operations team within a center; made up of the Front Desk Administrators (FDA), the Clubhouse Administrators (CHA), external cleaning staff and, where applicable, security guards. The FDA is responsible for ensuring the secure check-in and check-out of learners and their parents and creating a safe, engaging and child-focused experience inside the Clubhouse.
- Create a friendly, guest-focused experience anchored around the 4 standards of Disney quality: Safety, Courtesy, Efficiency and Show.
- Adhere to service, safety, operational and cashiering standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the front desk and reception area run in an effective and efficient manner.
Responsibilities:Service and Operational Standards
- Ensure learner safety and security in the reception area and assist in the Clubhouse when needed.
- Ensure all guests are greeted in a warm and friendly manner in person or over the phone.
- Serve as an informational resource for all callers and center guests for up-to-date information regarding the Center schedule and other general Center information.
- Create or update learner and parent records in the CRM system as needed.
- Complete daily center opening or closing checklists and address any gaps in a timely manner through the appropriate channels.
- Document site maintenance issues and report to Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Confirm learner attendance for classes and contact parents in the event of absences.
- Participate in center marketing, academic and social events as needed.
- Ensure incoming packages and mail get to the appropriate recipient in a timely manner.
- Monitor center stock and supplies levels and place orders from the warehouse and suppliers.
- Conduct scheduled inventory checks and reconciliation.
Financial and Cashiering Processes
- Collect fees from parents, ensure all necessary documentation is accurate and complete and issue receipts.
- Process refunds for parents, ensure all necessary documentation is accurate and complete.
- Ensure all related financial transaction information is up to date and accurate in the CRM system.
- Daily/ Monthly cash reconciliation and cash flow report.
- Custodian of bank draft, receipt and Fapiao.
- Bank deposit and cash on hand management.
- Petty cash management and staff reimbursement.
- Tax affairs.
Basic Qualifications:Job Qualifications:
- Experience with and passionate about working with children and strong team spirit.
- Strong sense of customer service.
- High level of personal integrity and credibility.
- Ability to work under pressure and can accept flexible working time including weekends and evenings.
- Service industry (or related) administrative experience.
- Very Strong computer skills, especially in MS Office.
- Solution and detail-oriented with the ability to be flexible.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Oral and written communication skills in both Chinese and English.
- Experience using a CRM system.
- Experience managing financial documentation and handling cash.
- Experienced user of basic Excel functions.
Additional Information:For more information, please visit our website www.disneyenglish.com
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Beijing) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.