Principal Researcher – Recommendation
Beijing, - ChinaApply NowApply Later
Job ID oP6mcfwd Location Beijing, Beijing Municipality, Mainland China Business Hulu Date posted Nov. 10, 2020
Hulu’s Research team is seeking a Principal Researcher who will be a thoughtful leader driving the future of recommendation research and development for online video. As a senior member of our research team, you will have a chance to tackle some of the most challenging and exciting algorithmic problems.
The recommendation team analyze and demonstrates petabytes of user and content data in order to serve the right content to the right users, and create the best personalization experience in online video. While we stand firmly on statistical and mathematical roots, we see great value real world, creative and pragmatic solutions.
An ideal candidate will be a role model for the research engineers and researchers, with a proven track record of working on large scale research projects that is deployed into highly scalable production systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Apply state of the art machine learning, statistics or data mining in a variety of areas, such as relevance prediction, user modeling, learning to ranking, and text mining
- Invent and fast iterate on novel solutions to challenging data related problems
- Develop scalable and efficient methods for large scale data analysis and model development
- Collaborate with developers, program managers, and product managers in an open, creative environment
WHAT TO BRING
- MS or PhD in computer science, EE or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of working experience on large scale machine learning, user behavior analysis, text mining in leading internet companies. Experience in personalization technology is highly preferred
- Familiarity with Java, Python, C/C++ or any other OOP language
- Proven track record of thriving in a fast-paced, data-driven, collaborative and iterative applied research environment
- Outstanding research track record in the areas of machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling, with evidence through publications in renowned journals, conferences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Chinese Mandarin proficiency is required
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, family status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, nationality/ethnicity, migrant worker status, carrier of infectious diseases status, or any other category of persons to the extent provided by law. This policy extends, but is not limited, to recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, rate of pay, and other forms of compensation, education, and training.